Wednesday, November 12, 2008

war zone

a couple of days before the freight mover come to pack our items into the container, i have been doing some packing on my own. the more i boxed things in, more and more things appeared. it reached a point where i am not too sure how to pack anymore. our home resembles a war zone, to put it mildly.
i have to admit that i am not one who throw away things easily, a trait i think i inherited from my grandfather. i tend to hoard things, especially my belongings. the extend of the problem is quite serious. for instance, i kept the score/result sheets of the squash tournaments i competed in when in school. i also have all 3 years of my university exam question papers with me. i could go on, but one gets the picture. the problem is, the longer i kept this, the more sentimental values it has, so i have a tough decision on my hand. to throw or to take them overseas?
i hope one does not get a sense of me being a messy guy. my office desk is clutterless and neat. i have a habit of keeping my desk clean when i call it a day. the same with our home. we generally keep it clean. my only weakness are books, bicycles and music cds. thank goodness for mp3, i don't buy cds anymore. i have also cut down on books when i realize that i now have more unread books than books i have read.
the plus is this is a temporary mess. by thursday, normalcy will prevail. our mover delivered a stack of empty carton boxes and other stuff that they will use for packing. i fully entrust them with their professionalism and know how to help me thru this mess.

No comments:

Post a Comment