Sunday, November 16, 2008

things i will missed II: various

1. the uniquely singapore music of humpback oak and concave scream. they are the best singapore bands in their era; 90s and early 2000s. why they did not have greater success than they should have (still) baffles me. when i have withdrawal symdrome down under, i will just turn on their music to soothe me.
2. the stretch of sembawang road between upper thomson and nee soon. the slightly winding road with tree canopies covering the most part of the road is one of the most pleasant and picturesque drive in singapore to me. passing this stretch of road makes my riding/driving a lot more bearable everytime i return home from work.
3. upper pierce reservoir. be it a short scooter ride there early morning weekends or cycling past it at night, the tranquility and peace the location presents is blissful. a great place for me to clear my mind and get in perspective.
4. tackling the mandai ave `hills' during my cycling rides. mild to many but this is my most dreaded part of my ride route. the return journey is always the most `siong'.
5. zoo. we are `friends of the zoo', so we visit it quite often.
6. sembawang park. we picnic there quite often whenever the opportunity presents. sembawang park changed little over the years and i like the nostalgic look of the place. it is however undergoing a massive makeover now, but i guess it is high time its facilities improve.
7. last but not least, the expansive view from the balcony of my place. on a clear day, we can see the city skyscape and whenever during the national day fireworks display when the parade was held at the padang, we can catch up from my place as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment