Friday, June 26, 2009

off topic - michael jackson

tribute to the king of pop is all over with his sudden passing, so i shall contribute my fair share as well. i found out about his death early this morning from my mother, who's turning 70 this year. it says two things:
1. michael must be somebody if even my mum can break the news to me. she is not exactly into western pop.
2. the internet is not as pervasive as i thought if my mum can beat the internet in breaking the news to me. or is it just me.....
i saw michael jackson `live' in singapore many years ago when he played to a 60000 crowd at the `still-to-be-demolished-and-what-are-they-waiting-for' singapore national stadium. i think i just left school not long after and went with a close friend of mine, siti aiza. we share the same birthday.
i think i kept the ticket stub somewhere in my treasure box (not sure if it is worth something now....).
my favourite all-time mj song is `rock with you'.
i also introduced michael jackson's music to my 9 year old daugther just last month when i passed her the HIStory cd. i was hoping to convince her that her dad was `cool' once too.
rest in peace, the king of pop.

No comments:

Post a Comment